Press release: Special Operations Software Introduces Specops Password Reset
Self-service password reset solution greatly reduces help desk call volume without compromising security
TORONTO--(Marketwire - May 13, 2008) - Special Operations Software, www.specopssoft.com, a global innovation leader of Group Policy and Windows PowerShell based Systems Management and Security software, today announced the introduction of Specops Password Reset. Specops Password Reset is an IT help desk solution which allows end users to reset and/or unlock their own Active Directory accounts in a secure manner. It is designed to greatly reduce the number of calls and emails into an organization's help desk.
Specops Password Reset uses two different techniques to verify users' identities -- secret questions and mobile phone verification codes. For the greatest password security, it is recommended to use both secret question and mobile verification codes. To use secret questions for verification, users enroll to the Password Reset Service. When enrolling they are asked to answer a number of questions. In addition to secret questions, user identities can also be verified by using mobile phone verification codes. A text message with a verification code is sent to the user's mobile phone. The user is then required to enter this code into the web application in order to reset the password.
"Research shows that password reset related issues comprise up to 40 percent of help desk calls," said Robert Lundh, CEO of Special Operations Software. "When calculating the time and cost of a password reset operation and how many of these password resets an organization handles in one year, a password reset self-service solution such as Specops Password Reset is a no-brainer to cost justify."
Key features of Specops Password Reset include:
- Self-service password reset - Users can securely reset and/or unlock their own accounts via a user web interface
- Help desk web interface displays detailed information about users and also allows help desk personnel to reset a user's password
- Ability to define any number of secret questions and answers
- One-use cell phone verification codes to increase security
- Password reset can be used both to reset a forgotten password and for unlocking a locked out user account as a result of too many failed logon attempts.
- The only password self-service product that leverages Windows Group Policy to drastically reduce deployment and security configuration
- Integration with default domain policy as well as fine-grained password policy
For more information and to download Specops Password Reset click on the links to the right.
About Special Operations Software
Special Operations Software, www.specopssoft.com, is a global innovation leader of Group Policy based Systems Management and Security software. The company's award-winning solutions offer enterprises of all sizes a compelling ROI by providing flexibility, ease of installation, ease of administration and automation across the following areas: Software deployment, software inventory, hardware inventory, software license management, distributed scripting, Active Directory maintenance and password security. The privately held company was founded in 2001 and its 1500+ customer base is spread across 41 countries. The EMEA HQ is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the North American HQ is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Special Operations Software is a Microsoft Gold Partner in Security Solutions and as an ISV.
Dahlia Public Relations
Read Special Operations Software's press release on Marketwire »
May 13, 2008